Monday, April 25, 2011

Shots Fired....

Been getting a few messages regarding what I shoot with so I decided to dedicate a post to my set up. I had to take a pic with my Point & Shoot on low battery so forgive the bad pics.

The Set Up:


About a year ago I purchased a Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i). Personally I find Canons more user friendly than Nikons BUT, it seems like Nikon lenses and accessories are a lot more plentiful and cheaper compared to Canon stuff.

Also the new 600D (T3i) released a few months ago which is the newest model from Canon. For a new person getting into a SLR photography, get the T2i. Cheaper than the T3i and only difference is the swivel screen.



This is the kit lens, a 18-55mm General Purpose lens. Great lens if you don't plan on upgrading. If you want a better general purpose lens tho, I'd suggest a Canon 17-55mm.



Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro, great beginner Macro lens for very clean and clear close ups. Don't use it a lot but its great to have for a just in case type of lens. Motor is a little noisy tho but doesn't bother me one bit.



Canon 50mm f/1.8, this should be everyone's first lens PERIOD! No zoom function and is shoots in basically same ratio as your eye sees it. This lens will teach you a lot about how to shoot and using the foot zoom for pics.



My newest addition. Sigma 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye. Cuz everything looks better thru a mu'fuckin fish eye lens! It's the best fisheye for the camera because the T2i has a crop censor.

I'll update once I get new lenses/accessories. I'm eying a Canon 10-22mm f/3.5 Ultra Wide Angle but I'll wait on that one for a bit.

Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment