Saturday, April 2, 2011

WonderCon 2011

Finally a good first post!

Hit up WonderCon 2011 with my home boy George. Never been but I wanted to go mostly to see people dressed up.

Weather was awesome.

Started out at Benny Gold's Store


Easily one of the better Streetwear stores in SF. The ingenuity he has for his designs is so simple and clean, not cartoonish at all. Plus the quality on the products are top notch!




From here we headed to the Moscone Center for WonderCon. Entrance was $25 so we said eff that let's just chill outside. We ended up buying the two passes for $10 outside of random people. Funny part was we never even went in. We ended up eating at Mel's Drive-In and flipping the passes right after for $15. Thank you random hipster and old Asian guy!



The one thing I wanted to capture was all these super heroes acting normal.

















We were walking towards the entrance when George yelled "Oh shit! Reptile!" Dude easily had the best costume there in my opinion. You don't wanna see me in MKII.



The homie George with a Storm Trooper







Blade Hates Vampires....



..But Blade love da kidz.



Remote Controlled R2D2



I thought it was cool that a father/daughter dressed up together. My dad would have just dropped me off and dipped if I wanted to go to this when I was younger.





I was unaware that the Last Air Bender had a celly



Found that son-of-a-bitch



Easily tho, the Storm Troopers showed up in full force. Didn't see ANY Darth Vaders tho.







Lunch Break


#BLACK&WHITE#BLACK&WHITE#BLACK&WHITE#BLACK&WHITE



This costume was massive. I'm 6'1" and it was a good 5-6 inches taller than me.









All in All, it was a cool trip to SF. Would I go again? Yep, but I wouldn't pay to go inside. To me the dopest part was looking at the people dressed up and for that you just gotta post up outside.

All pics taken with a Canon T2i w/ 50mm f/1.8

No comments:

Post a Comment